Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My thoughts on the media essays

  I found the essays interesting. I found it fascinating someone putting that much time and research into Lady Gaga. I find it a bit of a stretch thinking Lady Gaga is a product of the Illuminati, but nevertheless it was fun to read about how the music video bad romance has messages that would lead you to believe that. I find the essay itself to be a bit on the over analyzing side. It comes off at times as a conspiracy paper at times. The essay over all was worth reading, I never notice those images or messages in the video.

  The Spongebob- Squarpants essay was my favorite mainly due to the fact it talked about my favorite episode from the series. I completely agreed with it in a lot of ways. Especially the fact that to many kids shows talk down to kids and Spongebob never doing that may have been why the show was so successful. I always like when kids shows are able to sneak in adult jokes or messages that older audiences can pick up. The essay itself didn't really tell me anything I already didn't know about the episode. I still found it a fun read because it reassured me I am not the only was analyzing Spongbob episodes after I watch them.
  
   Reading these essays sowed me exactly, what it is I should be aiming for when writing my media essay. How I need to be very precise on what I am writing about.      

No comments:

Post a Comment