Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First blog

   Hi there, my name is Alex Leal, sorry to Alexandria for being given this name. I'm enjoying this writing class so far. I've always enjoyed writing never really been well at it, but I enjoy it. I took a lot out of my English 1301 class, so I am hoping to get if not more out of this class.

   One of the things I struggle most with writing is my grammar, I've have gotten a better hang of it over the years but still have issues. Most people have trouble starting a paper or coming up with ideas when writing, it's the conclusions or knowing when to stop that I will find hard, every time I read my conclusion I feel as if it's not finish or I can add more to it.  
 
  Most of the writing techniques we talked about in class I've used in one way or another, but I've never heard of the cube technique before I might use it a few times this semesters. Just writing down some of the main ideas of my paper has always helped me out when it comes to brainstorming.

  I have never really blogged before, but I like the idea of us having a blog, it seems like a helpful tool to sharpen our writing skills instead of just relying on those five to seven page essays that most other English classes do.

No comments:

Post a Comment